Bonus Blackjack Game
The blackjack variation known as Bonus Blackjack is a game that plays similarly to traditional blackjack with the key difference being that players can participate in a bonus side bet. This side bet pays out when players make the side bet wager and hit a blackjack consisting of an ace and a jack. The idea stems from the old days where players were given 10 to 1 for blackjacks that were made up of an ace and jack of spades. Below we've listed the top casinos offering Bonus Blackjack online.
Please Note - US players won't be able to play Bonus Blackjack online. Please check our list of online casinos accepting US players for casinos that offer other variations and accept American players.
Top Blackjack Sites Online
- Cherry Red
- Play Spanish 21 blackjack at Cherry Red Casino and earn a $1200 casino bonus.
- Bodog Casino
- Bodog Casino provides Spanish 21, under the name "Match Play". 10% Cash Bonus Available!
- Rushmore Casino
- Rushmore Casino provides 10 different variations of blackjack including Spanish 21.
- Lucky Red Casino
- Lucky Red is open to all players, including USA players. Casino has a no max cashout policy.
- Pure Vegas Casino
- Pure Vegas provides regular bonuses for blackjack players and supports Spanish 21 as well as 9 other games.
Bonus Blackjack Rules
The objective to Bonus Blackjack is the same as any other variation of blackjack. Players want to make a hand that has a value of as close to 21 points as possible all the while having a hand more valuable then the dealer does. If a player goes over 21 the house wins and if the dealer goes over 21 (and the player doesn't) the player will win. Player blackjacks will also win automatically and be paid odds of 3 to 2 on their wagers.
The value of each card in terms of points is very easy to determine. Aces are worth 1 point or 11 points, whichever benefits the player most. Picture cards such as jacks, queens and kings are worth 10 points each and the rest of the deck (2s thru 9s) is worth what they say they're worth.
The game will start with players making one if not two wagers. One wager will be for the blackjack hand and the other wager will be for the bonus. Players can wager however much they like for the bonus. It doesn't matter if it's smaller or bigger than the wager for the blackjack hand.
Once players make their wagers, they are then dealt their cards. In the event that they receive a natural blackjack that has an ace and a jack in it, they will be paid out odds of 5 to 2 on top of the standard 3 to 2 payout. A suited ace and a jack will payout odds of 25 to 1 and an ace and a jack of spades will payout odds of 50 to 1 on top of the 3 to 2 odds. All other blackjacks will earn only 3 to 2 odds on their wager.
If players do not receive a blackjack with an ace and a jack, they will lose their bonus bet and the game will continue like normal.
- Players have the option to hit, stand, split or double down.
- Hands can be split up to 3 times creating 4 playable hands. Aces can only be split once and they will only receive one card for each hand. Keep in mind that the bonus only applies to the first two cards dealt and any card dealt from the split onward will not apply towards the bonus.
- Players can double down on any two cards. Hands that have been split can also be doubled down on.
- Dealers must hit a soft 17.
Playing Bonus Blackjack
As you can see, playing Bonus Blackjack will almost be identical to playing traditional blackjack. The only real difference is the added excitement of potentially winning a nice jackpot for the occasional blackjack combination of an ace and a jack.