Top Blackjack Sites Online
The game starts with the player making two equal sized bets. In return, the player will receive two playable hands. If the dealer has an ace showing, he or she will then check for blackjack. If the dealer has a blackjack then all players will lose their wagers. The exception would be that if the player had a blackjack as well. The two blackjacks would tie or 'push' and players will receive their wagers back.
Once it is back on the player to act, this is where things can get interesting.
Players are dealt two hands and are able to switch the second card dealt in each hand with the other to try to make a better hand. For example, if one hand was 5+7 and the other hand was 4+6 then the 7 and 6 (second cards dealt) can be switched to make 5+6 and 4+7. This gives both hands a value of 11 which is perfect to double down on. Players are even able to switch cards in order to make blackjacks. The only catch here is that the blackjacks are not actually 'blackjacks,' but hands that are valued at 21 points. You will see how this will affect you here in a moment
Top Blackjack Sites Online
- Cherry Red
- Play Spanish 21 blackjack at Cherry Red Casino and earn a $1200 casino bonus.
- Bodog Casino
- Bodog Casino provides Spanish 21, under the name "Match Play". 10% Cash Bonus Available!
- Rushmore Casino
- Rushmore Casino provides 10 different variations of blackjack including Spanish 21.
- Lucky Red Casino
- Lucky Red is open to all players, including USA players. Casino has a no max cashout policy.
- Pure Vegas Casino
- Pure Vegas provides regular bonuses for blackjack players and supports Spanish 21 as well as 9 other games.
Blackjack Switch Rules
Since the ability to switch cards is so advantageous to the player, many of the other traditional blackjack rules have been altered in order for the house to retain some of its edge.
- Dealer's hands that are valued at 22 points push with any hand valued at 21 points or under except for natural blackjacks. You can see how the ability to switch cards to make hands valued at 21 points is slightly countered by this rule. Natural blackjacks will still beat a dealer's 22 however.
- Natural blackjacks pay even money (1:1), not the standard 3:2 or 6:5.
Other Blackjack Switch Rules
- Dealer hits soft 17. This may vary from casino to casino.
- Players can double down on any two cards. Split hands can also be doubled down on.
- Hands can be split up to 3 times making up to 4 playable hands.
All, if any, other rules will be similar to that of traditional blackjack unless noted otherwise.
Playing Blackjack Switch
Given that players have the ability to switch their cards around to make better hands, that's got to make Blackjack Switch one of the most entertaining blackjack games to play.
The house edge isn't all too bad either, only being approximately .58% assuming 6 decks are being used (as opposed to 8) and the dealer hits soft 17. If there are eight decks in play the edge will worsen slightly, but not by much. It can decrease by as much as almost 1% (giving you the edge instead of the house) if a switched blackjack automatically wins and the dealer stands on a soft 17.